Looking for the perfect honeymoon spot can feel like a never-ending challenge. Maybe you want some outdoor adventuring, or maybe you want to relax with your new partner, either by a pool, on a beach, or under a waterfall. Or maybe you want both experiences in the peaceful and tranquil atmosphere of untouched nature, right at your fingertips.
Look no further than Koh Samui, Thailand’s second largest island and one of the romantic hotspots in the world. This haven for honeymooners offers crystal blue waters, tropical forests, and white sandy beaches. If you’re in the mood to relax and unwind after your wedding, this is definitely the place to do just that. And if you’re a couple looking for a little more excitement, you’re in for a treat as well—there’s plenty of outdoor sports to partake in, like scuba diving, paddle boarding, snorkeling, and even cave exploring.
National Car Thailand has put together a list of the top ten most romantic things to do on Koh Samui. Take a look to see if this is the perfect honeymoon destination for you!
- Sunset cruise. There’s nothing quite as special as watching a beautiful sunset with your partner on a warm, relaxing evening. So why not enjoy it on the tranquil and peaceful waters of the ocean? Choose from group tours or a couples tour on your own private yacht. Just sit back, enjoy some champagne, and sail into the sunset on this romantic excursion.
- Couples massage at the spa. Romantic getaways are all about rest and rejuvenating, so what better way to do this than a couples massage. If you’re staying at a resort, there’s a good chance they have a masseuse on call. You can also visit a retreat spa for a half or full day spa experience. Nothing recharges your batteries quite like a relaxing spa day set in an exotic, natural environment.
- Island hopping tours. Koh Samui is part of an archipelago that’s made up of 40 islands spread over 100 square kilometers. Enjoy each island’s unique flavor with an island hopping tour, where you can explore each island’s rainforests, temples, caves, and of course beaches. So if you want a little adventure but still want to relax with your partner, this may be the right activity for you
- Full moon parties. The neighboring island of Koh Phangan is known throughout Thailand as a party destination. Full moon parties on the beach are a world famous attraction that include fire-eaters, jugglers, firework displays all to the tune of psychedelic, techno, and funk music. Have a few drinks and dance the night away with your partner at one of these exciting events!
- Thai cooking classes. The demand for cooking classes is on the rise as many western visitors are intrigued by the robust flavors of authentic Thai food. Learn all about Thai cuisine alongside your spouse at one of the local culinary schools like SITCA, Ying’s Thai Cooking Home and Smiley Cook. After attending the class, you’ll be equipped to cook a delicious Thai meal for you and your partner.
- Visit waterfalls. Koh Samui has a number of pristine waterfalls on its island, most of which are fairly easy to get to. For example, the first Na Muang waterfall is one of the most accessible and holds a parking lot closeby. The second Na Muang waterfall, however, can only be reached by a 20-30 minute walk from the first. You’ll find it to be much quieter than the first, which makes it a perfect place to take a relaxing swim with your partner in the watering pool.
- Water activities. Given the endless, pristine waters surrounding the islands, it’s no surprise that snorkeling, paddle boarding, scuba diving, kayaking, canoeing, and other water activities are such big hits with couples. Not much of an adventurer? You can take group scuba or kayaking tours which usually have a more relaxed vibe.
- Dinner on the beach. Nothing says romance quite like dinner on one of Koh Samui’s breathtaking beaches. There are endless beachside restaurants where you can feel the sand between your toes as you enjoy the local seafood and cuisine. After you’ve watched a romantic sunset with your partner, enjoy a beach bonfire, a few drinks, and if you’re lucky, some traditional Thai dancing and entertainment.
- Visit the temples. Koh Samui is well-known for it’s awe-inspiring temples scattered all across the island. The Big Buddha Temple is one of the most majestic, but it’s also worth it to check out the Secret Buddha Garden as well as the Hin Lad Waterfall Temple. No matter how grandiose or hidden, all the island’s temples will give you and your partner a sense of serenity and appreciation.
- Ziplining. There’s no better place to go ziplining than over the lush and majestic landscapes of Koh Samui! There’s a number of different tours you can take, some of which take you over the secret waterfalls of Koh Samui, while others over long stretches of rainforest. This is the perfect activity that mixes adrenaline and adventure with breathtaking natural beauty.
Visit NationalCarThailand.com to find the best car rentals to Samui airport. Use the promotion code “NATBLOG” to get a 15% discount on all car models!